Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hey, Febs!

On the outside I'm not your average girly-girl. I prefer sneakers over high heels. I play video games and watch sporting events. I have more sports bras than I have jewelry, and the list just goes one, people.

But as tough a girl as I am, I'm a pretty big sucker for the lovey-dovey month of February. I think it's one of the things my husband still can't figure out about me.

"Honey, I know we watch ESPN every night before bed, and that I sit through your 2-hour playing time of HALO without complaining, but can we get some flowers, chocolates, and The Notebook in here every now and then???"

I can't exaggerate, though. He does a great job of "keeping the romance alive" in our relationship, but now that it's February, I plan on pulling out the "V-DAY" excuse on him once or twice this month when he grabs the TV remote, or turns on the XBOX.

But for serious.... I'm a typical romantic woman, and I am not ashamed of it!
I bawl over stories of people in love, young and old. Two elderly couples holding hands while walking gives me chills.

or even chick-flicks (and not just rom-com's) like Titanic, The Time Traveler's Wife, and Pride & Prejudice can make me tear up and give the hubs an extra amount of lovin'

and now that my Christmas music has been put back into the external hard drive until mid-November, I've got those love ballads and Whitney Wanna-Be's playing non-stop for the month of February.

Ahh.... love songs. Aren't they just wonderful. Hey, check out this song I ran across yesterday:


"Oh, Darling" by Plug in Stereo




*tear*


Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment